The largest Earth Explorer mission to date, EarthCARE is a joint venture between ESA and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA). The purpose of the mission is to improve weather forecasts and climate predictions by helping to understand the role that clouds and aerosols in the Earth’s atmosphere have in reflecting and trapping solar radiation.
Our primary activities include:
- Analysis of the calibration algorithm documentation
- Specification of all auxiliary data files to be generated by the ICM
- Generation of the Detailed Processing Models
- Coding of the calibration processing suites
- Definition of the scientific validation strategy for the calibration algorithms for each instrument